Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aunt Jane's Dress


Before I was even married (but engaged, I believe), I had an aunt move to Holland who was liquidating her 'don't move with me to Holland' stuff. In the stuff that we were going through together, there was this darling dress that I said I would love to have for my daughter, if I ever had one. Well, it's been over a year and a half since I got married, and 9 months since my first child, a daughter, was born. Today she wore that dress for the very first time. I had intended it for a Christmas dress, but had completely forgotten about it. Truth be told, I forgot about it until my aunt came to visit in February for her parent's 50th wedding anniversary. I thought that I would quickly pull it out to show her that it fit well, but alas, I forgot that whole 2 weeks while she was here. (I think those cells that were fried while I was pregnant are still fried sometimes) So, she gave me her email address and gave me specific instructions to email her pictures of my daughter in the dress. I pulled the dress out of storage, and it hung on the banister for about a week or so when I finally decided to put it on her today. I love the dress, and so did Ryan's family members. And, it makes me feel better to think that the dress would have been too big for Camia at Christmas as it fits wonderfully right now. (valid excuse?? I think so...even though I forgot about the dress I had to have :))

No comments: