Camia is going through a I-need-to-help-mom-with-everything phase right now. While I am trying to embrace it, it is difficult because everything is always faster when I can do it myself. When I start thinking this way, I remember when I was little my Mom always let us help too and I think about how important it is for her, for me and for us together. And I remind myself that the only way she is going to learn is if I let her help me. And I remind myself that I want to have a relationship with my daughter like the one I have with my own Mom and if I keep pushing her away, that relationship will never happen. So, the other day she learned how to peel carrots for dinner. She helped me get dinner on the stove. She learned how to coat chicken first in egg, then in a breadcrumb mixture. She works hard to listen, and while sometimes she forgets, she is so proud of herself when she does. The other day we had a rough day with her not listening and talking back - something she is stellar at. She wound up in the corner for the first time in her life. The next day she tried so hard to listen and caught herself arguing and talking back mid-way of it being out of her mouth. Anyways, back to helping...
While she was busy helping me in the kitchen, this little munchkin hung out happily in his exersaucer.
No comments:
Post a Comment