
Today Caleb is 8 weeks. While it has been a challenging 8 weeks, he is still loved very dearly. When he is not crying he gives us some huge smiles and is starting to talk a little bit. I do notice, though, that he does not talk as much as Camia did at this age. I remember her talking lots with very little prompting. So, maybe there is hope for my ears yet ;). He loves his bouncy seat and can spend up to 45 minutes just sitting and looking around. He now wakes only once during the nights and does between 4 and 7 hour stretches. More sleep means more patience and a better ability to deal with the hard days. I feel like he is getting better with his crying. Tuesday was rough with him, but yesterday he was a dream baby again. And today he is doing pretty good too. We have him on pro biotics to help him with tummy issues and that seems to be helping. We did a test. Last week he was on it Wednesday through Saturday. We decided to skip it on Sunday since I have heard that if you give an infant too much it can cause even more problems. Tuesday he was terrible. So Tuesday night he got another dose. Wednesday he was fabulous.
I also gave nursing more consideration and I am going to try to go 3 months, my original goal. I might even go further, if it goes ok. I just had to get over feeling guilty about supplementing, and I feel so much better about it. He gets about 2, maybe 3 oz of formula every night because I don't have enough to satisfy him. He is happier, which means momma is happier too.
One of the greatest things about marrying into a family who is almost twice my age is that they offer advice because they've all done it before. Multiple times. And they all get it. I got advice from one sister in law that has stuck in my brain and comes up constantly these days and that is 'This too shall pass'. It will not last forever. It seems that things are starting to finally look up and as bad as it sounds, I learn to love my babies again and again. I guess that's why they call it unconditional love.
No comments:
Post a Comment