I wanted to take a moment to share a lesson that I learned this week. After this
turned into a project on my sewing table, I, for the third time, blew the dust off my sewing machine this season. The other two times were also mending projects. My lesson is that it is a silly idea to buy a costume or an item of play clothes for anything more than $5, maybe (MAYbe) $10. Play, break, fix is the way it went. At first I thought it was just the seam that broke.
Easy fix, just whip out the serger, throw the dress through it, done. I tried it on Camia to see if it looked silly, because in the process of breaking organza it shreds and because of this, I had to pull it in about 1/2 an inch to secure it somewhat permanently. It looked silly. I lifted one of the poofy things on the front and found a huge hole where the top meets the bottom.
After some pinning, and whipping it through my sewing machine, it's fixed and almost as good as new. I think I am going to put it away until trick or treating so that it is in one piece...
I say now that I am NEVER going to spend more than $5 or $10 on dress up clothes again. Never...It was hard to stay annoyed at Camia for her wrecking it as I was more annoyed at myself for thinking it was a good idea in the first place.
1 comment:
Maybe you'll have to look after the 31st then these dress up clothes go on sale for %75 off. That is what I did last year....so not too worry. But yes a lesson learned :)
Post a Comment