Saturday, March 12, 2011

After 2.5 years...

I have a little more privacy! My sewing room is on the bottom of our 'to buy blinds for' list. I crave privacy and dislike knowing that it some way or another I can be watched without me knowing. I know, it's an unhealthy obsession, and I don't know how to fix it, but that's currently how I feel. So, today I headed to Fabricland looking for fabrics to finish my memory quilt and walked out with fabric for a curtain instead. And I LOVE it! I am going to make 2 panels, but this is what I got accomplished today. I love the fabric, and am happy with how it turned out. I bought a sheer fabric because I loved it. And because of my privacy issues, I bought black drapery fabric to go behind it. And then sewed the two together.
It's nothing crazy fancy, but it fulfills my desire for privacy.

I have also decided that although deep purple has been my favourite colour for as long as I can remember, smoky gray has fallen shortly behind it. I also love brown, but a smoky gray has joined my favourite colour list. Camia owns a few pieces of clothing in smoky gray and I give this credit to my falling in love.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Looking good!

Melissa and Byron said...

Wow! Good job! LOVE the fabric!