Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Camping June 2010

Last weekend we packed up our gear and went camping for 5 days at Cultus Lake with 3 other couples who all together had 4 other kidlets. We had reserved the biggest double site in the campground, which was perfect for our 3 big tents as well as a 5th wheel.
We were crossing our fingers since the weather forecast was not the greatest, but were happy when we had sunny weather that allowed us to have 1 beach day. Camia loved the water. She spent at least an hour laying on the dock reaching down into the water with her fingers. Great entertainment.


She also just plunked her little bottom by the edge of the lake and looked on at the water.
There were mosquito's, something to which Camia did not react very well. This is what it looks like still today:
There were also bubbles for the kids, which Camia thoroughly enjoyed too.
On the way home from the beach, Camia and William worked together - which is something else since they acted like siblings the whole weekend pretty much - and carried the tote of toys back to the site.
Well, kind of. I think William last 20 feet, so Camia dragged it by herself for a total of another 20 feet. Then they decided that it was quitin' time.
This wagon was the favourite toy amongst all the kids. They fought over it all weekend. And they also played the best together with it all weekend. Like I said....sibling rivalry amongst those who are not related.
When we got back to the site, I got a pedicure from William.
For a 3 year old, this is not a half bad job.
And then on Sunday it poured. And rained. And poured some more. After dropping Ryan off at church in the afternoon, I headed with Camia back to the campsite where I scurried - in heels and a tight ish skirt - to drape tarps over the tents to prevent the inside of the tents from getting as wet as the outside. In 5 minutes or less I was drenched to the skin, my heels had more rain than feet in them and the tents still were not all covered. I should have changed before I started. At least my shoes anyways. I think that any passer by-ers would have thought it looked quite humorous to see me in this state of affairs. Who knows. Perhaps right at this moment someone is blogging about me and uploading photos from their camera phones and laughing silently. Hmm. That thought is actually kind of creepy. No. Not kind of. It is.
In five days of camping, uh-oh got washed 3 times. First on Sunday at my moms since he was quite filthy. The second time she left him in the wagon while it rained and I in my heels wasn't thinking about him right at that exact moment and third on Monday. In five minutes of downpour, he looked like this:Ewww. I all I have to say about that. After holding him under the hand dryer and a blow dryer for about an hour, he was ready to be cuddled again. The things we do for our kids...And when the guys came home from church, they tried to string tarps up. I think it was finished raining when they were just done. Here they are debating. I told them they looked like a bunch of construction workers.
And then after all this, Camia got sick. She was violently sick on Monday, starting around lunch time. And since we've gotten home she's been on the couch with a fever and towels and a bucket.
We were due to come home Tuesday morning/afternoon, but we all ended up leaving Monday night since 2 kids were puking sick and 2 adults were not feeling so lovely either. Despite this minor setback, we are all still talking of repeating again next year. And getting the same site.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Sounds like an adventure. Glad you still want to go back despite all of the things that happened :)