Thursday, June 17, 2010

Burgers For Father's Day!

Since Sunday is Father's Day, I thought it would be fun to try make some cupcakes I saw on a blog I follow. They're supposed to look like mini burgers. I baked 24 white cupcakes and poured a chocolate cake onto a cookie sheet.
I coloured food colouring to make mayonnaise, lettuce, ketchup and mustard. I am a little disappointed in the red. How can one get a true red food colouring? Instead of using the traditional grocery store food colouring, I borrowed a Wilton food colouring set from a friend in hopes that I would get red instead of pink. Instead of pink or red, though, I got some kind of red-fuchsia-pink mixture.
This is the end result:
And of course, I had to try one to make sure it left the taste buds still happy.
Though they taste good, I am still not crazy about that weird red that's going on in there...And while I decorated them this morning, Camia kept her self busy by having a conversation on her new phone in her new kitchen. Her conversation consisted of 'otay.......oh.......oh........giggle.....oh....otay....yup........giggle......cya'

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Very creative! Love the idea, they turned out nice :)