Yikes! On Saturday this past, my baby turned 2. Two! That kinda went a wee bit fast. She is such a little miss and tries so hard to have a conversation. In English.
I had 3 parties for her. One on Friday with some of her little friends where she enjoyed cake pops
And she has so much fun opening all her gifts.
Her friend Sidney. This photo makes me smile.
And then on Friday night, Ryan and I got to work to surprise her in the morning. This kitchen has been taking up valuable space in my shed and I was so happy to have it out of there. (Now the empty box is sitting in there, awaiting the delivery to a friend's house for her kids to play with.) I hung streamers and balloons,
But could hardly control herself when she saw the balloons. 'Bootie, bootie!!!' she said.
The second party was at Mom S. house between lunch. Camia and I stayed home from church in the pm and it didn't take long for her to crash:
While she caught a few winks, I decorated her cake: I used no mold and found the idea on howdini.com. I changed it a bit in that I rounded the edges a bit instead of leaving them pointy. I like this look much better. The body is melted chocolate piped out of a zippy bag.
We went to my parents for a bbq where the grandparents and great-grandparents showered her with gifts. Camia has no excuse to be bored when we go camping, so got so many beach toys! Here are only some of them:
Oma and Opa Selles gave her a cradle for her baby all decked out in bedding and a doll which she adores. Opa made the bed and Oma made all the bedding. Shh! Baby nigh-night!
And on the way home she crashed again.
Such a busy weekend for her! On her actual birthday Camia and I went to visit my mom since Ryan wanted to rip out the floor in the upstairs bath so we can put tile down on Wednesday. While mom and I planted the garden (with plants that we started at the greenhouse), Camia jumped with water on the tramp. She played for almost 2 hours without getting bored. She loves the tramp so much! Mom made us dinner while Ryan played soccer and she was sleeping before I got to the field to pick Ryan up. While it was fun, I am sure that I can speak for the both of us when I say that I am glad it's behind us. Today was spent de-partying. And cleaning. Now I get to brainstorm as to what I get to do next year! So fun!
1 comment:
Awe..........2 years do go to fast,
we will have to get together soon :)
Post a Comment