Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Fun

Wednesday was so warm that I decided it was time to pull out the swimming pool that I had purchased on special after summer last year from London Drugs, thinking that I would give it a day or two to warm up so Camia could go swimming. 

I have been trying to organise a beach day and head out to Aldergrove Lake, but it seemed that things just came up, thus preventing us from enjoying this luxury so early in the summer. So, the pool will have to suffice until this beach day happens. Its a good thing summer has only just begun! 

Yesterday after I was finished doing the majority of my house-cleaning duties, I decided to pull out the old swim suit and lounge in the pool while Camia napped. I did, honestly, set up the pool intending it for Camia's pleasure. And then I thought, why should it go unused while she naps? I was going to read my new issue of Canadian Living, but as I was lying there, I just had the sudden impulse to just lay and relax in the sun and do nothing. I layed there for 45 minutes before I went inside to get Camia from her nap. What glorious summer fun! :) 

Straight away from picking Camia up from her nap, I put a swimmer on, her little bathing suit and we sat in the pool for another hour or so where she frolicked and had so much fun. She crawled around the pool at the edges and flopped around on her tummy, splashing water in her face and loving every minute of it. As part of her goody bag from her little friends birthday party on Monday, she got a watering can and had fun with it by putting water in it and then shaking it all about. I would fill it, and pour it back in the pool, and she would put her little face under the shower and drink it as it fell.

I can sense that this summer is going to be full of fun and adventure as my baby develops into a toddler and becomes more interactive and more explorative! (here's to hoping!!:) )

No comments: