Friday, May 22, 2009

What Ive been up to

This is what started it all... 


A lonely little butterfly became the basis of the freshly born idea for a butterfly/dragonfly theme for a little girl who will never know the difference of having a themed bedroom and not having a themed bedroom. I scoured for fabrics, and was successful only in the States at a big little crafting store called Joanns. The fabric is priced really well there. After much time not spent on making the quilt, I finally decided a few days ago that I should attempt to actually have the quilt in her crib before she's big enough for a big girl bed. Time does not, infact, go backwards or stand still, so trivial things such as this must be completed before the idea gows old as does the little girl its intended for. And voila! A new quilt to match the butterfly. (most of these fabrics have butterflies somewhere in them...)

And a close up...
And, while I was at it, I decided to make matching bumper pads since a little girl came up with a new game: Stick her legs through the bars on her crib and get stuck. Then see how long it takes mommy to comes rescue her. Take that, little girl! :D



No comments: