I do not know if this is cause for concern, or if it is natural for a paranoid new mom to worry. Since this is different than the flu she usually gets, I must admit that I was a little scared. Almost to the point of sitting in an emergency room for a few hours just so the doctor can tell me that I am just being a overly-worried mom. I actually think that might have done me some good. I might not have felt so anxious and might not have worked on laundry and dishes at 12:00 in the morning. I think that the menue for today will consist of not a whole lot. Maybe I can sneak in a nap for a little while this afternoon. We'll see. :)
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
So Sleepy!
Last night was probably the most interesting night I have had sleep-wise since our little girl joined our family. She slept in 1/2 hour intervals and woke up in fits of tears and hotter than eggs frying on pavement. Putting her to bed at 8 seemed to be fruitless since she did not sleep longer than the half hour. At first she would only cry for about 10 minutes and then go back to sleep. This lasted until about 11. Then it became the fits of tears that causes concern, especially since she is not one to usually cry like that in bed. I took her down stairs and layed with her on the couch. The poor little girl was so so tired, but unable to let herself go and fall into a deep slumber. We layed there until about midnight, and that is when the party started. Ryan administered tylenol and I layed her in her bed. Around 1:30 I was done getting out of bed every 30 minutes to console and lay her back down. So I set up camp on her bedroom floor and she fell asleep on my chest and layed there or beside me sleeping soundly, but still hot (with a temperature of 36.8) until around 4, when I had to shift cause not only was my mind sleeping, my limbs were starting to sleep as well. So, I lifted her up, hoped for the best and put her back to bed. Its now 9:00 and my bean is still sleeping. I dont know how soundly it was that she has been sleeping for the past 5 hours, but I did not hear her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I hope she feels better soon! I'm thinking of you guys! It's so tough when they're little and you feel so helpless. I hope tonight goes better!
Post a Comment