Yesterday I was appointed to pick my mom up from her job and bring her to her doctor's appoinment (I happened to be in the area) so her leg that was injured in January could have a look at by her doctor (who happens to still be my family doctor as well as Ryans and Camia's). I was sitting in the waiting room with my mom when Dr. Siemens came out and we exchanged formalities after which he asked how Camia was doing. I responded with the 'she's been better' line, and he volunteered to have a boo at her after he was done with my mom to check if she had an ear infection that wasn't causing her any pain (and thus would explain the high fever). After giving her a complete physical, he determined what I had already expected (see? Waiting at the walk in would have been fruitless). She had a viral infection. Pause. Possibly. Huh? (maybe the walk-in wouldnt have been such a bad idea) Well, he said, it could also be a urinal tract infection too. If the fever didnt break in the next couple days, I was to get a urine sample from Camia and have it tested.
This morning when I got her out of bed, I felt that she wasn't near as hot as she had been in the past couple days. So I decided to see if she would eat some pablum. She had 4 Tbsp...more than she's eaten all week. And then she downed almost all of her bottle. I wonder if this means I dont have to get that sample after all. Maybe since I've cancelled my beach date with my sister so Camia could nap well, she will be better for her first of three birthday parties on Sunday. (And then the walk in would prove to have been fruitless)
Crossing my fingers....
No comments:
Post a Comment