Friday, March 15, 2013

Playtime at the Park

Camia has been so painfully bored for the past few weeks so we have been making every effort to go for walks and visit the parks so she can run and play in an environment other than home. Even though it is not enough for her, it is something to keep her occupied for the time we are there. It also gives her an opportunity to ride her bike, which she loves doing as well. While perusing online, I found a website that shows how to make chalk paint, and to use it to colour sand. I think for future I might add more cornstarch, since the colour didn't show up very well for us. You can kind of see a pink hue on the sand to the left of this photo. Another thought I had was that maybe it works better on dry sand? I've also read that adding more cornstarch will help the colour show more too.
We will have to try again at the beach this summer.
 

While Camia coloured everything except the sand, Caleb sat and happily watched her.
 
 
 
 I brought his blanket with me so he could lie down on it. After about 30 seconds of not watching him, I found an opportunity to grab my camera.

 
 
After clean up we had to spend some time swinging away.
 


While he was swinging away, Camia continued with her 'paint' (which is just simply water, cornstarch and food colouring) until it started doing a bit more than just drizzling, to which we responded by packing up and heading home.
 


No comments: