Mr. Magoo is six months old. I am going to be all cliché and say where has the time gone? It's crazy how fast it went and at the same time not going fast enough. I am quite eager for him to grow up, because the older he gets the happier he is. Happy baby = happy momma. He is definitely happier, most days I wonder where the old baby has gone since some days he is a brand new baby. He plays on his own, he can sit for some time in the exersaucer, he rarely screams anymore. He whines, but it's always for one of four things: he's tired, he's hungry, he needs a clean diaper - or a whole new outfit lately - or he just wants to be held. He's not an excellent sleeper at night, still doing between 3 and 5 hour stretches. I only nurse him at nights now since I don't have much milk anymore. I don't really think he wakes for food. I think it is more out of habit now and he likes that little bit of comfort.
I think some days - especially the last few - he is teething full tilt. He exhibits poor sleep habits, he soils his diaper up to 6 times a day and never fewer than 4. He had a full blown rash that leaves just as quickly as it comes.
When he is a happy baby, he is really a happy baby. Getting smiles or giggles out of him is the easiest thing in the world.
He is on solids now, getting a bit 3 times a day. He has tried applesauce, peaches, banana and carrots. He loves peaches and likes the rest.
He loves his baby cookies. We tried arrowroot cookies, but he chokes on them, so we switched to Mum Mum, which he loves. They are the rave for babies and the claim out there is they make less mess. It's a load. A slimy cookie is still a slimy cookie, no matter what the brand. They do dissolve better, though, and so far he has not choked on them once.
He had his 6 month check up last week and received his shots. He was weighed and measured and clocked in at 18 lbs and 29 inches. He is off the charts in both weight and height, though more so in height, which is where his weight is. He is more tall than he is heavy.
He handled his shots much better this time around. The last 2 times he reacted within half an hour and the following 10 days were miserable, particularly day 9. This time they didn't seem to phase him in the slightest. Tuesday was rough, but that could be chalked up to his teething or the shots, I can't be certain which was the culprit although it could have been a combination of both.
His milestone this time is that he can sit on his own for almost a minute. For which he is so proud of himself. I am proud of him too ;). He is so close to crawling too. He is constantly up on all 4's, and has moved about an inch forward. For the rest he is like Camia was and scoots backwards. Which is followed by frustration since he moves away from his toys and has not yet figured out how to go forwards to get them.
We are ever thankful for his constant improvement and try to treasure the moments we will never get back again. Like the late night cuddles - even if they are a drag sometimes. I love watching his firsts. First time sitting, first time trying a new food...and I can't wait for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment