After I found out that my sister in law was expecting, I decided I was going to make a quilt for her baby. I found fabric I liked and thought was suitable for a baby - I was hoping for a boy, can you tell? :) I procrastinated and waited until after Caleb was born (we knew we were having a boy - hence, wishing Joy would have a boy) to get started on it. I procrastinated some more. Caleb went from bad to worse with his colic. I got nothing done until one night when he was a few months old I didn't know what else to do other than sit him in his bouncy chair on the floor beside me and let him cry. And I quilted. I got the top done in 1 night while he screamed. And then I procrastinated some more. Finally right before Teagen was born, I got it quilted. And there it sat again. Finally, on the day he was born, I got the binding sewn on. Around 3 weeks after he was born, I got the hand sewing done and finally I was able to give it to Joy. It felt so good to have it done and another project off my table. Who knew it was so difficult to squeeze in some quilt time with a baby who cried all the time and never napped ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment