Friday, May 27, 2011

Just to Give You An Idea...

Camia is turning 3 in just over 1 week....it's kind of crazy. But, as usual, I have been having tons of fun planning a party for her. This year's theme is my new obsession....Flower Fairies. We were at the Northwest Washington Fair last summer, at an Usborne book booth and there were fairy books for sale. And thus was born my love for flower fairies. So, naturally, it felt fitting to give my little girl a fairy birthday. (And I love themed things, so this was a fabulous excuse too ;) ) I have been having fun planning her party, it's to take place next week Tuesday already if it's sunny. I am having it at the park because the thought of entertaining 13 children in my huge house is causing some unrest...not that the kids are horrible, or bad, or anything. They're kids. And I don't have room for them all in my house. I sent out invitations on which Camia left her mark...she is an artist, what can I say :)
And, thanks to a friend and a very fun book 'Sew Scandinavian', I made these toadstools out of fabric and paper. I plan to use them on my table as decor elements.

I might be going a little over the top with the fairy thing...but that's why they call it an obsession, right? ;) The best part so far is that I have used only what I have available (except the fairy dolls) to make my envision (or dream, if you want to get picky) a real thing, fabric scraps left from my mom's party, scrapbook paper I have in my vast collection...and the spots on the toadstools are paper buttons, made with my Big Shot....great fun, that thing is, but that's a whole new story all on it's own. I am pretty excited about this party, and have a menu planned out too, to go with the garden theme. Now I have to go...I need to make 13 flower fairy wings for my birthday girl and her peeps. Next week will involve a post of her party with pictures too. :)

1 comment:

Carla said...

So looking forward to all the fun stuff!