You can come too, we're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo.
A couple of months ago the Greater Vancouver Zoo put out a groupon online and I took the opportunity and snatched it up. I went with a friend, and for $10 each (the girls were still free as they are both under 3) we spent the time wandering the zoo, checking out the animals behind chain link fences. We had all kinds of weather, it rained, it was sunny and it was cold. Thankfully the rain wasn't hard and we were able to stay dry, but we forgot boots and a change of clothes for our kiddos, and jackets for ourselves so as soon as the sun went behind a cloud, we were cold. We brought umbrellas for the girls and left ours in the car since we thought - well, were really hoping, actually - that the weather would hold out, so when they were out, I kind of had a little bit of fun with my camera.
It was fun watching these little people together and is also fun to get them in photo's together. They're such great friends! (Well, truth be told, they really have no choice, they need to be best buds as her mom is one of my favourite people and since we talk all the time and try to make play dates often, they need to get along. :))
Spring is really trying to come...it's just taking it's sweet time about it. One of my very favourite things about spring is the cherry blossoms. The pink ones particularly make me happy.
tiger (I think I may have gotten a bit close...this picture still intimidates me),
jaguar,
cheetah,
hippo,
giraffes
and my favourite were the spider monkeys.
The flamingos were pretty cool too.
And while I could I snapped a picture of a peacock, only the white one has his feathers fanned out.
These animals were cool
As was the parrot.
And the swan was pretty neat too.
Otherwise there were camels that made me think of a song I listened to when I was a child...
Alice the camal had 2 humps,
And then we got photo's of the fake animals (I didn't want to say statues because that sounds odd)
1 comment:
You captured fabulous pictures of the animals! Best zoo shots I've seen I think! :) Camia is adorable, I can't believe how big she's getting.
Post a Comment