Saturday, January 24, 2009

What I've been Up To

This week I received a call from my mortgage broker who said that she would like to purchase more cards from me...A repeat customer! Yay! So, this week has been busy with preparing cards that I though she might like to purchase. This is what I came up with:
The last time we had gotten together she had requested more masculine cards. These are my attempts at masculine cards:



For this one, I used textured wallpaper I found at a garage sale this past summer. There were books of the stuff, so I bought 3 for $0.25 each. Since wallpaper should not be used in scrap books due to the acidity, I thought it would still be perfect to use for cards. I just took a stamp pad, and ran it over the texture to give it this look.


I also decided that since I have waaaay too many scraps, I should put them to use instead of accumulating more and more. So, this week I forced myself to look through my box of scraps and use whats in there instead of making more scraps.


This is made out of scraps as well. I also used more of the textured wall paper, but didn't colour it. I also like this look as it appears to have more dimension.


I met my mortgage broker for coffee and sold $20 worth of cards....and since it is money that I put directly back into scrapbooking, I headed to the scrapbook store and bought thing I was running low on and stamps that they had buy one get one free. It had been a while since I have been in the scrapbook store, and there are so many new things that have come out again...Oh, the things I can spend my - well, actually Ryan's - money on!!! :)






2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The cards turned out great, Jen! The wallpaper one is especially cool.

Jen said...

Thanks! It was fun experimenting! :)