Thursday, January 8, 2009

There is a first time for everything

So, my baby has the flu for the first time in her life. She has never slept so much in her life like she does now, not even when she was a newborn (even though she has almost always slept through the night). Yesterday morning I got her up, and did the usual: Feed her her pablum and then her formula. She had the pablum really well, but refused to drink her bottle. She was more cranky than usual as well. Nothing I did made her happy, not even holding her.

I have started babysitting 2 girls, Hannah who is 4 and Cara who is 6, 2 days a week again and yesterday was my first day back on the job. In the job description I have to bring Hannah to preschool at 12:15 and pick her up again at 2:45, and then head to the elementary school to pick up Cara at 3:00.

I had Bible Study and debated not going, but in the end I went anyways and explained to the babysitters that she was not her normal self and that she did not want to have her bottle this morning and asked if the could try giving it to her during the study. I came back and of course the babysitters said she had been a charm...something apparently she always is when she's in the nursery at church. I tried giving her a bottle, but she kept pushing it away so I did not force her to finish it.

Upon getting home, I couldn't put her to bed because in a half hour I had to leave again to bring Hannah to school. My usual routine is that as soon as I drop Hannah off, I do my errands. However, today was an exception. I dropped Hannah off and went straight back home and chucked Camia in bed where she slept soundly for 2 hours. After she got up, I went to pick the girls up and, due to the rain fall and road closures due to flooding that we had in the last couple days, it took me a half hour to bring the girls home on a route that usually takes about 5 minutes. After I brought the girls home, I decided to try grocery shopping. Camia seemed to be doing fine. I put her in a cart and she had a blast, she usually is really good when I go out anywhere. She loves sitting in the front of the cart. After shopping I went to go pick Ryan up from work, and she was good. When we got home, Ryan fed her her veggies (which she couldnt get enough of) and then some formula. It didnt take 15 minutes and she was throwing up everything she had just ate.

Before 8:00 she had thrown up 2 more times and I had done a load of laundry and bathed her. She went to bed at 8, and slept till 4:30. I gave her bottle because I figured she must be starving by now and put her back to bed where she slept till 8:30. I changed her diaper and took her to bed with me where she slept until 10. I fed her some pablum and some bottle, and she is now sleeping again.

Hopefully all this sleeping will bring her back to her normal self again in due time...

No comments: