Saturday, January 24, 2009

If You're Happy And You Know It, Clap Your Hands! as well as other things.

Camia finally learned how to clap her hands by herself this week. It's so amusing to watch her sit on the floor and spend five minutes or so clapping her hands. She has also become quite the talker, competing for the loudest voice. She yells out "umm, umm, umm!!" and 'uff, uff, uff!!" She as also become enthralled with putting her fingers in peoples mouths and giggles when we play along with her. This morning, however was not a morning full of laughs and giggles and sticking fingers in people's mouths. It started out that way, but did not end that way. Our morning ended with Ryan still sleeping and Camia and I in the spare room, me working on cards and Camia playing nicely on the floor. While I was working on developing my design, all of a sudden behind me Camia was lying on the floor, squashed under a chair that she had pulled down on herself. I was crushed....along with my daughter. Thankfully she was fine later, but in the moment she did not look fine. The picture above was taken after the incident.

This week was also monumental because we finally got a highchair for Camia. It is gorgeous, and works perfectly for what we need. Its small, and a basic highchair. Every day, she gets one cookie. She only eats about a third of it, but she gets one cookie, and she loves her cookie. It has been fun to watch her learn something new everyday. She still has not been back up on all 4's, but is getting quick on her bum and scooting backwards when she's on her tummy.

Bathtime is still hers and my favourite time of the week. She plays nicely in the tub with her duckies and I get to read the 4th book in the Harry Potter series, which I am finally almost done (almost being having about 200 pages to go :)) I've only been reading it for a couple months now. I really want to progress in the series because someone leaked to me that Dumbledore dies, so its been hard not to 'cheat' by reading ahead in the series. Ryan, who has completed the series, will not tell me if this is true or when this will happen.

Last week I had a few minutes to spare before I had to pick Ryan up from work, so I headed into Value Village where I was roaming around and walked by the kids shoes section. I saw the cutes little pair of shoes for $1.99, and had to buy them for Camia. Sunday she wore them for the first time, and was absolutely darling in them. Such cute little feet!


No comments: