Monday, June 10, 2013

She's 5!


A couple days after I came home, Camia had her 5th birthday. I felt pretty horrible because I had forgotten about her birthday until I was on the plane to Ontario. Usually I have her birthday planned out well in advance. I love doing theme birthdays for her, and I only momentarily considered just throwing a cake in a 9 x 13, slapping some icing on it and shoving candles in for her to blow out. That idea didn't last more than a few seconds. I came home, quickly wrapped up a gift I had bought for her 6 months ago and found the energy to bake her a cake in the shape of her current dream - lady bugs. She wanted a lady bug birthday. So, there I sat at midnight Tuesday looking for ideas and inspiration to give her a ladybug birthday. Ryan and I decorated the house - which I had forgotten about too, but has always been something I have done. Wal-Mart didn't have black balloons so we sat there with red balloons and permanent markers, trying our best to make them lady bug -esq.
 
 
 
She opened her gifts
 
 
 
A gift from Aunt Coby too!
 
 
And she sat there for a while beading with the beads from Aunt Coby.
 
 
All the while, Caleb walked along the walls and from the table to the couch and from the couch to the table. 
 


 

 
After Caleb was done napping, we took Camia for her gift that she's been asking for the last 6 months. Earrings! She was a little concerned. I warned her that it would hurt for a little while and she was brave. Not a tear was shed.
 
 
 
It took her a moment afterwards, but after a few minutes she was back to her usual self.

 
We got home and decorated her cake and took some photos.
 
 
Her requested lady bug cake.
 

 
 
 
She is big into the mommy and baby thing right now, so her lady bug had to have babies too.
 
 
 
And then we took pictures of her too.
 
 
Can't believe she's 5 already. We are thankful to God for allowing us to care for her and for allowing her to grow into a beautiful little girl. We pray that we may enjoy many more years with her in our family.



 
In the evening we had my mom, Ryan's mom and my sister and her boyfriend over and we had a little party.
 




1 comment:

Carla said...

Happy Birthday Camia!!!
Miss B saw her balloon and was thrilled that she got the same balloon on her 5th birthday too!@