Today Uh-Oh underwent extensive surgery on his foot that had the bottom worn out. A few weeks ago a concerned loved one of his brought him to me and asked that I fix him. I procrastinated and them forgot about him. She asked again. Again I forgot. Today she came to me again so I figured I better sit down and fix him. Getting some ribbon from my stash, we put Uh-Oh on the operating 'table' and gave him a drink to put him to sleep so he wouldn't feel the hurt from the needle. During surgery he had concerned friends come observe and inquire about the length of the surgery. They stood by him, whispering sweet nothings to him. Finally, after a unbearable 15 or so minutes he was out of surgery and in the recovery room - on the floor where she promptly put him after checking him out. His one foot is now significantly smaller than the other, but at least his stuffing is now going to be secure and not hanging out.
The condition of his other foot, which will require surgery soon. This is what his other foot looked like before I started, except there were no remnants left and there was no stuffing in the foot anymore because we pushed it up so it wouldn't keep falling out.
Repaired and ready to love once again. After 4 years and two surgeries, he is still much loved and still absorbs many tears and endures many hugs and squishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment