Saturday, April 14, 2012

One of Many, Starting with Christmas

This is going to be several posts, just to help me catch up. I've been ordered to start taking it easy by both my midwife as well as friends and family so what better way to spend my time, procrastinating starting my baby's quilt, nursing cover, diaper bag, and other things I have planned to make for this wee babe. The first half has gone crazy fast, I am already 20 weeks along! Another 20 (ish) weeks and our family will be growing from 6 feet to 8 feet. It's still hard to wrap my mind around the fact that it will no longer be Ryan, Camia and me. And it will no longer be Camia and I during the days. I will no longer have to pack up just one little peanut when I go out. It's a little overwhelming to think of the changes that will be happening, and how many of them.

Anyways. Posting. About the past :) And then from here on in hopefully I can keep caught up, maybe write it into my schedule ;)

For Christmas this year from my older brother, Camia got an American Girl Doll. I was pretty excited to get it for her. My brother had given Camia all his beer cans and also had given me some money to spend on a 'nice' gift for her. Not knowing what else to get her, since she has everything already and I don't really want anymore toys since we almost need a new house just for her toys, and having the rather large sum that I did, I thought that getting her a nice doll would be a good idea. So that is what I did. Meet Marie Grace
And then I found Samantha on Craigs List for a fraction of the cost of what they are new. Camia and I hit up Value Village and bought a skirt which I transformed into a new dress for Samantha.

 She doesn't really play with them, but when my niece was over, she was quite taken by them. She is 6, so hopefully in a little more than 2 years, Camia will appreciate them too. For now they have a spot on her shelf in her bedroom.

No comments: