I decided to take time from my busy life to post on my blog. Things have been happening, it's just been crazy busy, barely allowing me time to do things like sew and clean my house. Instead of going anywhere on the long weekend, Ryan and I stayed home and tried to get caught up on things around the house. The downstairs bathroom has been getting a few changes and has been in progress for about 3 weeks now. I am at the point where enough is enough. It's time to get it done. Ryan ripped out the cabinets above the washing machine 3 weeks ago and all the mudding and sanding had been done. So on Saturday I washed everything behind and under the wash machine and dryer and discovered where all my missing socks were. It was like a gold mine under the washer with the socks, missing barrettes and even some money!
I was beginning to think that the myth of the washing machine eating socks was true. I discovered that this, in fact, was not true in this case. After washing the walls, floors and even the machines themselves, I painted the wall where the cupboards were 3 times. Finally, some progress. And this time Cloverdale Paint managed to get a perfect match on the paint, something which did not happen when I had to do some touch ups in the dining room. Instead of a dab of paint here and a dab there, I ended up painting the. whole. wall. And I still need to paint another wall, but have not gotten around to it as of yet. I am really excited to have the bathroom done, already with the shelves gone it looks much bigger. We are putting up white wire shelving in it's place to house things like my laundry detergent and other washing stuff, including finally a storage place for my laundry baskets. Yay! Here is a before picture:
I will post more when the shelves are in...
1 comment:
ha-ha I would still consider this to be the washer "eating" the socks ;)
Post a Comment