Wednesday, May 26, 2010

All About Her

It's been a while since I have blogged about Camia and where she's at and what she's doing and saying. She for sure is changing and even though sometimes I am positive she will never speak English, she is showing signs that one day she will get there. She's just taking her time with it. For the last couple weeks she's been trying to put words together. She is just learning yes please and she says yes mom. And another word combination: When asked to complete a simple task like 'put that toy away', her response is 'ummmm, (pause) no.' I can't help but smile when she says it. When asked if she would like a meal or a snack she also responds with 'ummmm'.

She has also changed from holding one finger up to two fingers up when asked how old she is. Sometimes she says 'two!'. I know she is not quite two yet, but I didnt know how long it would take to teach her, so I started last week. It didn't take very long.

She loves to sit by the table (or anywhere) and colour. We are working on getting her to stay at the table she she has colours since when she is not at the table, random things get some colour added to them, like books the floor and the wall. I am glad I invested in some washable crayons. She has discovered permanent markers and took the liberty to colour on herself:
I am glad I caught her before she changed completely from pink to blue. She for sure loved to show me:
She has kind of caught onto the idea of mommy taking pictures of her 'oopsies' and discipline has kind of gone out the 'I'm in trouble' window and into the 'mommy will take a photo so it's ok' window.

She is such a big help and tries so hard to help. Sometimes, though, as cute as it may be I find that she is often in and under my feet, so it requires much exercise of patience. Here she is helping Scott at the greenhouse.
Silly girl:
Holding the tape:
Scott says : 'Let it go, Sweetie....No, seriously. Let it go.'
We have also been trying to keep up with potty training amongst all the hairiness. She is doing really well except for the few accidents, she is in her 'oh' almost all the time. Oh is what she calls her underwear. The other day she had an accident and when I looked at her, she responded so innocently: 'oopsie'. It still makes me want to laugh...

She has been attending church regularly on Sunday mornings and has been doing really well. We tried the afternoons for a couple times, but it just did not work. I find that the mornings work since she is fresh from bed and can handle sitting for a little while. We entertain her with smarties, a notebook and pencil and cheerios. After the minister says amen at the end of the sermons, she feels inclined to put her two bits in and says quite loudly 'AMEY!!!' Ah yes, our little sweetheart.

She has also become quite fond of dogs and Tyler from the greenhouse is no exception. I do find that she gets confused since she also has an uncle Tyler and gets confused when we go to visit Joy and Tyler. This dog is her 'i ya'. :
With the warm weather that we've been having lately it gets to be well over 30 degrees in the greenhouse, so Camia has had her first popsicle and her first freezie already this year:
She has been so much fun but for sure keeps me on my toes. Sometimes she makes me sleepy with all the energy she has and sometimes it's hard to keep up with her. Sometimes she slows down and waits for me to catch up, though. :) The other day my friend was expressing some frustration with her daughter and that same night I was feeling the same and went to check on Camia before I turned in for the night. While watching her sleep, I came to the conclusion that God makes them look so angelic when the sleep so we can dismiss the trouble we feel we had and so we can gear up for a new day. I am convinced.

No comments: