Friday, January 8, 2010

The First of 2010

One of my New Years Resolutions was to finish old before I start new. The new year is just one week old, and I have completed 2 projects. Almost finished, actually. I have gone as far as I can go on the quilt top for Camia's Reading Corner. I need to buy fabric for the backing and binding. I also think I am going to take a quilting class to learn how to quilt since I have quilted Camia's crib quilt 5 times and ripped it out just as many because I have not been happy with how it turned out at all. Until then, I get to assemble the quilt tops I have laying around...
and I assembled my 'menu board'. I purchased a frame from Value Village,
Painted it black to match the other black accents I have in my house, and lined it with fabric...
And voila! A new menu board! The glass acts as a dry erase surface, so it can be used over and over again.
I am using the mat from the frame to mat a cross stitch project I've been waiting to frame for the past 6 or 7 years or so...give or take a few (probably on the give a few side, I think). I am thinking I might have my brother make a frame for it since he seems to be making frames for everything else at Mom and Dad's house these days. I had actually gotten a price at Michael's for the frame and mat, and because it's smaller than a ready-made size, it needs to be custom. Now I can get it done for pennies compared to that! Yay!

No comments: