Friday, October 26, 2012

Mr Man at 7 weeks

Today mr man is 7 weeks. It's been a long 7 weeks trying to figure everything out. On Monday Caleb cried for an hour and a half straight. With no breaks. Straight. 90 long minutes. After trying everything to console him, Camia and I just lay on the bed beside him and listened to him cry while singing songs like hickory dickory dock and twinkle twinkle little star. On Monday I fell to pieces and called my sister in law in tears. I was at the end of my rope and felt like throwing in the towel for everything, but mainly for nursing. I felt like it wasn't going well. I felt like it was my fault for his tummy issues. I felt there was an overwhelming amount of pressure to keep going, that my baby was going to get deathly ill if I switched him to formula even though Camia lived off formula and she is still alive and is a beautiful and intelligent little girl. I was exhausted from hearing Caleb cry all the time. I began to think that maybe it was something I was eating that was giving him tummy trouble. And after his 6.6 week appointment I found out that I was not totally wrong. We've started him on pro biotics to help him with his tummy.
 
Apparently me falling apart at 6-ish weeks is text book. Apparently everyone falls apart at 6 weeks. Joy came over and sent me straight to bed. I did not think I would sleep, but I slipped to unconciousness in a matter of minutes and stayed that way for around 2 ish hours. While it felt wonderful to get a bit of shut eye and not have to worry about anything, I woke up still feeling completely exhausted. I guess it takes more than 2 hours to catch up on lost sleep. But then there are days like today. Days where all he does is smile. and only cry when he needs something. Days where he naps for 3 hours and I get to quilt even though there are dishes piled high and laundry from 4 days ago still sitting in the laundry baskets. Days where we can go for a walk and he is not sleeping AND quiet at the same time. Days where I love my babies again and think that being a mom is the best job in the world. These days make me sit back and remember who I am supposed to be thankful to and who has given me these blessings. And it makes me thankful to Him for giving me a day where I can have a break and be thankful.
 
His 6 week specs were that he grew 10 full centimeters in 6 weeks and he weighed in at 11.15 lbs.





No comments: