Friday, September 23, 2011

Play Dough

With fall approaching and me pretty much done working for now, I decided that it would be a good thing to implement some life-improving goals for our little family. One of those goals is to spend more one-on-one time with Camia, since this is what she as a person needs. She does not play well on her own, and since I am generally a very independent person it is hard for me to sit down and spend that quality time with her. My goal is to do more interactive things like crafts and story time with her, more things that encourage learning. But, I have no idea where to start. It's a little overwhelming sometimes thinking about how to do things, like that preschool book I bought for us to do together.

Anyways...I am getting a little ahead of myself. In lieu of this new goal, today I was online looking for ideas on what would be a good thing to do with a 3 year old. I found this really cool blog - Play At Home Moms (when you google, type in playathomemom3. I don't want to put the link here because I am thinking it might link to the author's blog, meaning she will have access to my blog and blah blah blah) - and while surfing, I was having a hard time focusing on finding a project because Camia wanted attention. So, for our project today, we went downstairs and made some play dough. I have officially bought myself some time so I can get more ideas. :) I see a craft that involves coloured corn and glue and paper. I see a craft that involves blasting coloured water outside and painting the concrete. I see tissue paper crafts. Soap crafts. I'm a little excited :)

Here are some photos of our little 'adventure today.

Measuring the salt
Measuring the flour
Who needs a spoon when you can use your hands?
'It's ok, Mom, it's a axquent (accident). We'll clean it up later'

Adding food colouring
Turns out having a toddler add food colouring and turning away is not a good idea. I have no food colouring left...

And the lovely mess...but SOOO worth it:)

concentrating

No comments: