Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Sunday to Call My Own

Since today is usually a Sikma Sunday and since Ryan's mom is out of town, Ryan and I got to have lunch all by our lonesomes today. Having lunch at home happens very rarely as every other Sunday we rotate between our families, one Sunday is a Sikma Sunday where we have lunch together and the next is a Post Sunday where we usually arrive after 1st service and stay till after dinner sometime. While family time is precious to both of us, we also enjoy the occasional Sunday where we can relax, take it slow and have nowhere to be. Except, today I prepared dinner for us and some friends we invited over, which included bbq ribs made with a sauce I accidentally created, twice baked potatoes, green beans and apple pie for dessert. While that took up quite a bit of my time, it was still a different feeling to be at home. While I cooked, Ryan took time to play with Camia
Which I found endearing too :)

1 comment:

Nadine said...

I know what you mean about having an occasional relaxing Sunday at home... it's nice once in a while!
I've hear of twice baked potatoes more often, what are they? Can I have the recipe from you? I should try it:)