This summer Ryan and I headed to Herald Park up in the Salmon Arm area for two weeks. It's our 3rd consecutive year visiting the park and we love it every year. It's family friendly, private and generally pretty quite as well. This year was a bit of a challenge in the way of keepingCamia occupied. While she did fabulous on the beach, it was after showers and after beach time that we had to find ways to keep her busy. Eventually, while in Vernon, I picked up some ponies for her to play with, some sidewalk chalk and some water markers for her to colour with. I felt a little silly seeing as I have ponies at home, but when I packed, I didn't know what kind of toys to pack. I took along a few of her favourites as well as some books, but they did not serve their purpose. It's hard to keep an adventurous two year old occupied for more than 10 minutes at any given time, but these ponies and sidewalk chalk did the trick for a little while.
Camia has become a mimicker and discovered throwing rocks after watching her cousins on the beach. She even got a few skips from some of her rocks.
She also found a boogey board, and fell right in love. She played with it more than the floaty toys I took along for her, and when we went into town for groceries, it was all about the boogey boards. For a while, it was the only way that we could get her into the water without getting upset.
She also discovered sand castle building.
Though this mammal dumped her several times into the cold waters, she still found a special place for it in her heart:
Before we left on holidays, Ryan and I bought her this little chair, which she loved. It was nice for her to have her own chair instead of constantly occupying ours.
During the last week of our holiday, she fell in love with the inner tube and spent so much time just floating in it. Since I didn't want to continuously chase her down the beach to where she had drifted, we tied it to a log so she would stay close and in shallow water. It worked out quite well!
Sitting on the beach with Kelsey:
While we were there, there was a forest fire not far from Herald. A helicopter came several time to fill up with water from the ShuswapLake.
And, of course, the obligatory photo op for Mom. Can't not have one of those on a family holiday.
She's done:
And while we packed up to go home, Camia took her place in the drivers seat.
She hasn't quite caught onto the rule of don't drive and talk yet. We'll have to work on that one.
On the way home there were areas where the smoke from the fires was so thick that it almost stung your nostrils. It was hazy and it was difficult to see what lay in the distance. There are supposed to be mountains in this photo. Because of the smoke, they are impossible to see.
1 comment:
I LOVE the I'm done photo!
Post a Comment