She's learned how to move from her tummy to a sitting position without falling over. It's actually quite facniating! Yesterday morning I went to her at 2:30 (a time, it seems, that she has become accustomed to waking up at these days) and she was sitting in her crib. What a stinker!! Its way too cute to watch her stick her little bum in the air and plop down on it. Good thing she has lots of padding! :)
She's also learned how to crawl forwards...for about 2 moves, and then lands on her tummy again. It's so darling....until she ends up pulling stuff off my shelves, which she has done a number of times these past few days. I now have to think seriously about baby-proofing my home, which includes getting door stop thingies so she can't open the doors in the kitchen as she has done that a couple times if I am baking or dishes or making dinner and she is with me in the kitchen.
I also now have to watch that she doesnt get trampled under my feet as she is quick on either her tummy or bum. No sooner do I know it, she is by my legs, trying to pull herself up. When watching her pull herself up, she sounds like she is hyperventilating but, really, she is just oober excited. She loves so much to stand, and has been starting to pull herself up to things. I've only seen her once pull herself to a standing positon. She is also able to maneuver from object to object while standing...with a little help, but she is dertmined to do it! If she is helped, she will also walk. If let go, she does faceplants. Although, I don't really think doing a faceplant is really an accomplishment :).
She has started to wave bye-bye....although not really since she has only done it once and never again. I know it wasn't fluke because she did it 3 times on command. I thought the first time might be fluke...but then she did it again. And again. And not since.
She also makes kissing noises randomly. I guess exaggerating on giving her kisses has sort of been picked up by her sponge-like mind. Sometimes, when I say 'give Mommy a kiss', she responds and leans towards me with her mouth wide open. Other times she closes her mouth politely. Other times she just completely ignores me all-together. Oh, dear...the mind of a 13 year old already...:D
Clapping is one of her favourite things she learned a couple weeks ago. Such joy is displayed in her face when the noise of bringing her hands together is made!
She still loves bathtime and splashes like crazy, making everything around her quite soggy. So much for reading while she is bathing! This is the only way I can get her to drink water as when she flips to her tummy she sucks up half the bath and when she is sitting she sucks on the facecloth. If I put water in her bottle, it does not take long and that bottle is flailed half across the room. Good thing the nipple doesn't leak! :)
Well, it's now almost 8:00, and Camia has slept through the night tonight for the first time in probably a week. If not more. I should go wake her up.
No comments:
Post a Comment