Wednesday would have been my sister Becky's birthday. She would have been 17. It snowed that day, about 5 or 6 inches in some places. I know that she would have been excited to have a white birthday. I am sure that with this snow, she would have been out there and racing down mountains on skis or a snowboard, another way for her to be active and full of life. It's hard to believe that we have missed having her birthday with her for 6 of her birthdays already. Sometimes it feels as though it has been so long, and sometimes it feels as though it was not that long ago at all. Sometimes it is so hard to see what was intended for our benefit in this situation. I feel as though she has missed out on so much of our lives, and I think often of how she would have felt to be an aunt to my daughter. I am sure she would have loved it. Or maybe she would have been too caught up in her life to love it. Who knows?
It says in the Bible that God works all things for our benefit. It is so hard to believe it still, even though its been 5.5 years. Although, I have to admit that we as a family have seen things happen as a result of her death. That, too, is hard to swallow because we ask why did she have to leave us so this could happen?
Even though at times I feel that her life was cut short, God says that before we are conceived, our days are numbered. So therefore I may not say "if I had done...." because God's purpose for her on this earth was done. It was time for her to go home to glory. This is what I must believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment