Tomorrow is Family Sunday for my side of the family and since I have been working so much lately and driving constantly to Abbotsford I told Mom half seriously that everyone should come to my house for Family Sunday this time so I didn't have to make the trek out east again. It turned into a serious matter. Everyone is coming over. I told Mom that since I was busy working and canning (and working some more) to expect the chicken soup I have in my fridge. No fresh soup? Mom was a little sad. So, there goes Jen again...I came up with a list of things to do today. I canned my peaches before it go hot, I ran a couple errands and got things for a fresh pan of tomato vegetable soup. Mom likes fresh-fresh. No frozen things, all fresh ingredients. And I like my soup made from stock. Soup bones, vegetables, let boil for 2 hours, that kind of stock. So, I headed to the butcher and bought enough bones for my new 20 qt stock pot. I took Camia with me and this is how our little trip went conversation wise:
C: Mom, what are you going to buy?
J: Soup bones.
C: Why do you need soup bones? (see that intelligent way of using the word why? Ya, good one, Camia. :D)
J: So we can make some soup for Oma.
C is getting a little concerned.
C: Bones are for doggies!
J: Auntie Trina's doggie can have the bones when I am done with them. First I am going to make soup.
C: I can't have bones! I don't eat bones!
J: no, you don't eat bones. But they make good soup. One day you will understand.
C: I DON'T WANT BONE SOUP!
I am laughing at this point, and so is the cashier at the butcher shop. Camia looks at me with a wrinkled frown and says
C: We will give the bones to Bear (Trina's doggie), k? Bear is sad. We will give him the bones to make him happy, k? K, Mommy? I don't eat bones.
So, tomorrow we are having bone soup for lunch.
2 comments:
Ha-ha good chuckle over here about that one......how was the bone soup?
The soup turned out really yummy :).
Post a Comment