Friday, July 9, 2010

A Week Gone By - almost

This week has been spent plying catch up due to the amount of time lost last week. Well actually, Wednesday was spent playing catchup since Monday and Tuesday I was sick with the same bug Ryan and Camia had. Thankfully it only lasted 2 days as opposed to Ryan's 5 and Camia's 6. Ryan came home to this on Monday:
I am thankful Camia decided to nap too. That way I could catch a few winks too. And then as the week went on, the temperatures continued to rise so we smelled flowers,
we set up the pool in the back yard:
And we went to the lake under a bright blue sky and basked in the sun in 33 degree weather, armed with iced caps, lots of water and juice. We went to the Veddar since the rest of the local lakes were jam packed with people. As long as we were at the river, I counted 9 people in my line of vision. Since there is a sand bar in the middle of the river, we had to wade from shore (where there was no place to really sit and let the kids play since the river had a wild current) to the sand bar in the middle of the river. We made several trips from one side to another, sat our kids down together and went back to get our jogging strollers which we carried over our heads. Well, M carried hers over her head. Mine was too heavy so I carried it just out of the water. Lesson? Next time no stroller!! To be fair, we weren't planning on crossing a river. I was counting on walking to Albert Dyke Park and sitting by the water there. Thankfully I had decided to already pack light and donned only my beach bag, small cooler bag, camera and purse. When we got to the other side, we found a little water pit that came off the main river and we sat there since the water was barely to my calves and there was no current for the kids to get swept away in. It was a great place for the 3 of us to hang out for the afternoon when it was really too hot to do anything else. And while sitting there it made me think that I had forgotten what it was like to have no obligations. I went from being crazy busy to the point of overwhelming and being gone almost every day to being home almost every day and having time to do some guiltless blogging. And sewing. See next post. In the meantime, here is a picture of our kiddos.

1 comment:

Melissa and Byron said...

Aww, I just love these pictures of our girls! So cute! Anytime you want to head back there...