Monday, November 17, 2008

A typical day in the lives that God has so graciously given us...

Today is like any other day that I wake up to every morning. Our daughter Camia is awake and shining and greets us with smiles and grins.

It is November, and the crisp fall air nips at the tips of our noses and ends of our ears. The world is changing colour right before our eyes, and our hearts and minds are overcome with excitement as the holidays draw nearer. One might think that with the excitement welled up in our hearts that this has never happened before. On the contrary, it has happened for many years. It amazes me to think that it never tires our human minds out. God has created this wonder of the changing season for His children to enjoy, and every year we approach each season with new wonder and powerful excitement.

As I sit here listening to Christmas music and the sounds of my daughter talking, it brings me such joy that God has allowed Ryan and I to reach this chapter in our lives and that we may once again enjoy the fall weather as well as the approaching holidays, this time with our five (almost 6) month old daughter. At the same time, however, I wonder why it is that at this time of year we plan the family time, turkey dinners and gift exchanges? Should this not be a time of celebrating the birth of our Saviour who later in His life died on the cross to forgive all that we have done and will do that was sinful?

While I do love a beautifully and lovingly decorated Christmas tree as well as other Christmas decor, I do have to remind myself why we have this holiday. It is because of Him that I may live with the comfort that there is life after death.

OK, now Camia is crying, so my moment of peace must come to an end for now.

Till Next time!

1 comment:

Mark 'n Lindsay said...

Hey Jen. Good to see you made it into the blogosphere!